Tuesday, March 20, 2012

First Day of Spring

Hello All

It's the first day of spring and it's absolutely beautiful here in Wisconsin. This weather is very abnormal for March in this state. So of course I had to take advantage. I skipped my regular class at the gym this morning and took my girls to the zoo.

Shorts and Sun Hats in March

I used to play on this elephant when I was little

We've started a new zoo tradition. Every time we go (which is quite often) the girls get to pick a stuffed animal that represents an animal we have at our zoo. Then we visit that animal and they get their picture taken with it. We learn the animals name and an interesting fact about them. 

My oldest chose to bring a giraffe

My little one brought a zebra

We always pack a bag lunch and snacks to save money. The girls very much enjoy a picnic at the zoo.


After our field trip we came home for naps. As soon as they got up it was back outside to enjoy the beautiful weather. My girls are defiantly bare foot babies. It's going to be hard to get them to wear shoes and socks when it gets cold again, which I'm sure it will before summer.


 I found this idea on Pinterest from domesticcharm.blogspot.com. It's chalk PAINT!! How awesome is this? 

1 cup water + 1 cup corn starch pour into individual cups
add food coloring = Chalk Paint

My oldest made all sorts of cool designs and pictures and made a great observation that when the "paint" dried it looked just like chalk. It's so true, kids defiantly learn through play.


My husband wasn't much of a fan of the dirt I put in the sensory table last week, so I replaced it with bird seed.  The girls got a kick out of this and the little birdies will love all the extra seeds that fell on the ground.


Such an awesome day. I am hoping I am not to wiped out tonight to work on some cards. Hopefully I will have some new ones to show you very soon. Until then...

Happy Creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment