Friday, March 2, 2012

Dr. Seuss' Birthday

Hi all

I couldn't help myself, I just had to celebrate Dr. Seuss' birthday today with my girls. I grew up reading his books and enjoy reading them to my girls now. I found so many cute ideas I just had to try.

Since they were in school the first part of the day, we started with lunch.

Yummy Lunch

Green Eggs and Ham, Blue Goo, Pink Ink, and One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish



Next we made hand print Thing 1 and Thing 2's from Cat in the Hat.

I let them use the extra paint to paint a picture
Thing 1 and Thing 2




While my youngest took a nap, my four year old watched Horton Hears a Who (the version with Jim Carrey and Steve Carell) So cute! 
She also made a fish graph with colored goldfish crackers for snack.






We ended the evening with a game my four year old got for Christmas. It's called "I Can Do That" It's a game that teaches following directions. It made us do silly things like, Take four giant steps with the boat on your head. Even though the box says 4+ our two year old still got the concept and had fun playing.






We had such a fun day celebrating Dr. Seuss' birthday! Can't wait to do it again next year.

Happy Creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment