Friday, February 24, 2012

Preschool Busy Bag Idea #1

Hi all

For those of you who may not personally know me, I am a mom of two. I have a four year old and a two year old. I absolutely love my stay-at-home mommy job don't get me wrong, but I so look forward to nap time every day. It's my time to clean, craft or rest.  It's the only time in the day I get to be Jessica.

Unfortunately, My four year old is starting to protest nap time. I have tried calling it "rest time" instead, but that doesn't always work. There are days where it doesn't matter, she is to be in her room with the door closed until her little sister wakes up. These are the days I really just need a break, a mommy time out if you will. These are also the days where if she does not fall asleep, she is creating a disaster in her room.

While searching Pinterest I've come across many neat ideas for  "Busy Bags". Quiet time activities that she can do while her sister is sleeping other than watch television, play video games or destroy her room. This seemed like a novel idea, so I worked on making one today. Here it is...

Letter and Word Recognition Game

Although this is not a Stampin' Up! project, I did use SU card stock. I found the pictures in clip art, printed the word in uppercase letters. The clothespins have uppercase letters printed on one side and lowercase on the other. I can't wait to try this out tomorrow during "rest time".

More busy bag ideas to come
This idea was from www.imperfecthomemaking.com

Happy Creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment