Monday, April 9, 2012

Fancy Dancy Shoes

Hello All

Happy Spring Break! Hope you all had a blessed Easter. I am trying to come up with new and fun things to do with my girls this week while they are home from school. The first thing we tried actually took most of the day. It included many steps. Each step just as fun as the last. The girls created their very own pair of shoes!

I already purchased the shoes a few weeks ago with this project in mind. So. the first thing we did was go to the store and pick the color Rit dye they wanted their shoes to be. Thankfully they both chose purple, so that made things easy.

The Finished Product

Here are what the $5 pair of canvas shoes from Walmart looked like before.

Nice White Shoes...

 First we let the shoes soak in the purple dye for 30 minutes.


 Then we let them dry outside in the sun during nap. I decided throw them in the dryer for approximately 20 minutes to speed up the process. Bad idea! The inside fabric came unglued, so I used fabric glue to glue them back in.


Next I had the girls color both sides of their shoe laces with Sharpies. What ever color combo they wanted.



 Then it was time for BLING! The girls picked out which ones they wanted and showed me where on the shoes they wanted them. I used Mighty Gem It to glue them in place.


Here are my happy girls with their new blinged out purple shoes with funky laces. They can not wait to wear them! 


I am planning on making cards tonight. Check back in tomorrow to see what I come up with.

Happy Creating!

1 comment: