Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentines Day 2014

Happy Valentines Day Everyone!

Now that the Valentines have been handed out I am ready to share what we did this year. We did a lot of creating and had so much fun.


 These are the cards that were sent out to family members. Inside were pictures of the girls. Our youngest gets her school pictures taken in January, so we finally were able to give them out.



 Our 6 year old looked through all my Valentine ideas on Pinterest and really liked the idea of the pet rocks. Here she is in the beginning stages. She picked out the googly eyes told me where she wanted them, and I used hot glue to affix them to the rocks.



Here are the finished products. 30 in all


Then she made the Valentine. It was very simple. We used  a "Be Mine Valentine" stamp from Stampin' Up! and she hand wrote every child's name in her class on the left hand side, "You Rock" on the right hand side, and she singed her name on the back.


Here's where I found the idea:
http://www.pinkandgreenmama.blogspot.com/2013/02/homemade-valentine-cards-for-school.html

The little one made two different Valentines. A bug theme card for the boys and a notebook and pencil for the girls. Here she is signing her name.


We used the jar from the Perfect Preserved SU stamp set and the SU Cannery Framelets Set to make the jars and I got the plastic bugs from the dollar store.

Here's where I found the idea:


For the notebooks, I bought lined notebooks in packs of five at the dollar store. I pulled them apart and our four year old picked out some Valentine themed scrapbook paper. I cut the paper to size and used tape runner to adhere the paper to the front of the notebook.

Here's where I found the idea


On the inside I wrote, "Your Just "Write" Valentine" and she signed her name.


This was a very busy afternoon of Valentine making.
 

For the teachers I made these cute flowers out of scrapbook paper and Pixy Sticks. I placed the candy flowers in baby food jars filled with conversation hearts.


Thanks for stopping by! Happy Creating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment